Jin Shrines, Daifeng Xuan  晉祠待鳳軒



  • Daifeng Xuan (English)
  • 待鳳軒 (Traditional Chinese)
  • 待凤轩 (Simplified Chinese)
  • Dàifèngxuān (Pinyin)
  • Tai-feng-hsüan (Wade-Giles)
  • Jinci Daifengxuan (English)
  • 晉祠待鳳軒 (Traditional Chinese)
  • 晋祠待凤轩 (Simplified Chinese)

Building Information

According to Liu Dapeng, the Daifeng Xuan was a three-bay wide pavilion located to the north of the Chaoyang Cavern. In the 30th year of the Guangxu reign period (1904) an interior room of one bay was added, and the door opened from the back wall of the pavilion. This structure is number 29B on our plan of the site.1

Date 1718
Dynasty Qing (1644-1912) 2

Works Cited

Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.

  • 1 MILLER. 2007. The Divine Nature of Power: Chinese Ritual Architecture at the Sacred Site of Jinci, 196.Link to Zotero Bibliographic Record
  • 2 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.Link to Zotero Bibliographic Record

Contained in Place

How to Cite This Entry

Tracy Miller, “Jin Shrines, Daifeng Xuan 晉祠待鳳軒 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified September 29, 2021, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048ga.


Tracy Miller, “Jin Shrines, Daifeng Xuan 晉祠待鳳軒 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published September 29, 2021. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048ga.

About this Entry

Entry Title: Jin Shrines, Daifeng Xuan 晉祠待鳳軒

Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:

  • Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Jin Shrines, Daifeng Xuan 晉祠待鳳軒

Additional Credit:

  • Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
  • Editing and proof correction Tracy Miller Yuh-Fen Benda
  • Data entry LI Zhixian 李知賢

Copyright and License for Reuse

Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2021.

Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.